Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Beginning

Nikki and I met on Yahoo Personals.  This was in December of 2005, so internet dating was certainly not unheard of, but it was still a bit taboo in some social circles.  Her father, for instance, was convinced that I was an axe murderer or something, so he was not too thrilled about the way we met.  But he eventually warmed up to me, once he realized that I was not a stalker or a pedophile.

Nikki has three children: Nate, who was born in 1997, and Maureen and Mason - twins - who were born in 1999.  I also have three children:  Jacob, born in 1994 who does not live with us.  He has a severe case of autism and lives in a home for people with severe disabilities.  Noah was born in 1997, just six months after Nate, and Lucas was born in 2000.

I should also mention that we have almost as many pets as we have people in our house.  We have a beautiful St. Bernard-Border Collie mix named Bailey and a tabby cat named Connor.  We also have two gerbils, two guinea pigs, and a tarantula.  Ironically, the spider is the calmest living being in the house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment