Some stories are just too funny not to tell...
Life with teenagers and pre-teens if full of emotional ups and downs. Every one of our kids brings us joy, happiness and laughter in their own way, but they all have their "darker moments" and periods where they throw themselves (as we call it) a pity party.
Maureen was in one of her "moods" one day, so she sat down at the kitchen table with an "I'm going to disagree with everything" look on her face. I was in the kitchen with Nate giving him a haircut. Nate noticed her pity-party-in-progress, and being the big brother that he is, he could not resist poking the bear a bit.
Nate: What's your problem?
Maureen: I'm bored. I don't know what to do.
Nate: You could watch TV
Maureen: I don't want to
Nate: You could read a book
Maureen: I don't want to
Nate: You could pet the dog
Maureen: I don't want to
Nate: You could stand on your head
Maureen: I don't want to
This continued for a few minutes and got more and more ridiculous, so I weighed in...
Me: I have an idea... you could sit there at the table and be obstinate!
........pause for her puzzled expression........
Maureen: What's THAT mean?
Me: Go look it up...
Maureen: I don't want to
I laughed so hard, I had to leave the room!
No comments:
Post a Comment